- Founder, Ogma Media
- Founder & Managing Partner, NSL & Co. International; Private Equity, M&A and venture investment firm
- Founder & Group CEO, Angie Communications / Oy Networks; the world’s largest telecom startup
- Founder & CEO, TokoKoerier; the fastest growing online (ethnic) grocery shop – delivery in 3 hours
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapist (Diploma, volunteering for depressed and suicidal clients), MindPower Alliance
Neal has more than 31 years of business experience, including 25 years in finance and technology. He is a thoroughly experienced, energetic and bold investor who is “cut from entrepreneurial cloth.” Neal is also a pragmatic and strategic planner with a long-term business philosophy.
At the moment, after almost 20 years in the making (since founding Angie Communications’ predecessor company in 2000), Neal is heading a global team of experts that intends to build some of the largest privately developed telecom and fiber projects in the world, namely Next-Generation cable and communications infrastructure.
Active in the residential fiber industry since 2000, Neal sponsored and presented at the first major Fiber To The Home (FTTH) gathering in 2002, which took place at the Rotterdam Theater, the Netherlands. As such, Neal (along with Ogma’s Gregory Nemitz) is widely recognized as one of the earliest pioneers in the now global FTTH industry. At Angie/Oy, Neal and his team are now pioneering 5G wireless connectivity for residential, commercial and industrial customers.
- Media Experience: Founded the first European millionaire magazine (1992-98); Received three satellite broadcast television licenses from the Dutch Commission for the Media (1995); Successfully negotiated television content and satellite capacity (1995-1998).
- Specialized (at age 22 – for his business mentor) in finding real estate corporations with tax replacement reserve obligations. His success allowed him to become an investor at a very young age.
- Became Sr. Partner at Holland Advisory Services Ltd (1995 – 1998). HAS Ltd was a boutique investment firm with several groups, including (media & retail) investments, business consultancy, and M&A.
- Founding Investor of the world’s largest telecom startup, Angie Communications
- Wrote 50+ articles on the psychology of (political) hatred.
- Selected team of very successful people to help run NSL&Co and Angie Communications/Oy
- Literally wrote “the book” (150+page white paper) on Next Generation Telecom Infrastructures (back in June 2007): “Building Communications Infrastructures for the 21st Century: A Multi-Billion Dollar Opportunity for Investors, Vendors and Partners”. Read by 2,000+ people.
- Alerted telco industry (through published papers) on shortcomings of Broadband over Satellite (2000), PON (2003), WiMAX (2005/07), City-WiFi (2007), etc.
- Raised his first angel capital in 1989 (at age 18.5), and again in 1992 from a group of angel investors, including a direct investment from one of the Netherlands’ UHNW and oldest business families.
- Wrote an analysis in August 2012 on Google’s entry in the FTTH market. Was the Editor’s Pick on SeekingAlpha (link). The analysis was featured in a Forbes article (link).
- In November 2012, published “Disastrous Flaws in FTTH Business Planning”, a wake-up call that shook the industry.
- Attracted famous actor Rutger Hauer (Blade Runner, The Hitcher, etc.) as investor/Creative Director of Angie (and its predecessor firms). (Read Neal’s tribute to Rutger Hauer here).
- Wrote numerous consultancy papers for the FCC (USA), Ofcom (UK), and European countries.